Who are we?
Northwest Equipment is the largest supplier of compressed air equipment and services in Western Canada.
We are innovators in the compressed air arena, working tirelessly with engineers and clients to customize products to meet the unique and varied needs of our customers. We strive to be environmentally responsible, seeking solutions that enhance the energy efficiency of our systems.
As the authorized distributor for several leading air product manufacturers, we sell and support a full line of compressed air products to the oil and gas, industrial and manufacturing sectors.
“Our strength lies in the depth and expertise of our principles and long-standing employees, who have many years of combined experience in the air compression and vacuum business. Northwest Equipment Ltd. has factory certified technicians to provide 24/7 on-site support for all compressed air products.”
What DO we DO?
We provide custom compressed air solutions to clients in a variety of sectors. Our solutions span a variety of applications, from vacuum to 6000 psig.
Products and services include, but are not limited to:
- Instrument Air Packages
- Industrial Compressed Air
- On site Nitrogen Generation Systems
- Forestry & Mining
- Breathing Air for Fire, Scuba and Scott Packs
- Air Drying and Filtration
- Blower & Vacuum Systems
- Service, Parts and Installations
- Custom Packaging
- International Projects
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the international ISO standards for compressed air quality?
International ISO standards are:
- Maximum number of particles 0.1 – 0.5 micron/m3
- Oil Vapour 0.1 – 0.01 mg/m3
- Water Pressure Dewpoint (-40) to (-60) degrees Celsius
2. What are the components of a typical Instrument Air Package?
Components of a Typical Package:
- Air Compressors – Facilities are dependent upon instrument air to maintain their operation. Accordingly, most Instrument Air Packages include two compressors – one that is operational, and the other, a redundant standby.
- Air Receiver – An Air Receiver stores compressed air to provide additional capacity when required.
- Air Dryer – An Air Dryer removes water vapour from the compressed air to ensure that no water will condense from the air when used. The typical pressure dewpoint range is -40 to -100 degrees C.
- Air Filtration – Filters are required to remove oil vapour and particulates from the air stream.
- Heated Enclosure – The completed air compressor package is usually installed in a self-framed, heated enclosure.
3. Do you sell vacuum cleaners?
No. The vacuum systems we sell are industrial vacuum systems used in HVAC, food processing and other industrial applications.
4. Weren’t you Brittania Compressor Sales?
Northwest Equipment Ltd. acquired the air division of Brittania Compressor Sales in 2003.
ISNetworld is a safety prequalification system, ensuring basic requirements are maintained by everyone to keep our work-site safe.
ComplyWorks is a global contractor management and supplier management, ensuring compliance with local and national operational, finance, environment, quality, safety and other requirements and regulations.
The Certificate Of Recognition program (COR™) is an occupational health and safety accreditation program that verifies a fully implemented safety & health program which meets national standards.
ABSA is the pressure equipment safety authority, authorized by the Alberta Government for the administration and delivery of safety programs related to boilers, pressure vessels and pressure piping systems in Alberta.
Since 1916, ASME has certified companies in the pressure equipment industry to certify that their products, services and quality system comply with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
IRP 16 outlines the basic health and safety information that all employers working in the Oil and Gas industry should communicate to their employees as part of their on-boarding and health and safety orientation process.
PICS is a world-class pre-qualification system for managing contractors and vendors.