Memo from Northwest Equipment Ltd. Management
415 East Lake Road
Airdrie, AB T4A 2J7
Phone: (403) 945-1988
#100, 10435 – 178 Street
Edmonton, AB T5S 1R5
Phone: (780) 484-5311
|To:||Customers, vendors, and partners|
|Date:||March 18, 2020|
Please review Northwest Equipment Ltd.’s current response to keep our employees, clientele, suppliers, and fellow Canadians safe.
We are continuously monitoring the ever-changing conditions of the Covid-19 emergency. Northwest is doing its best to stay in front and is following federal, provincial, and civil authority recommendations.
As conditions change, our approach will alter, when deemed necessary and / or recommended by the authorities to do so. As Northwest supports food manufacturing, energy utilities, transportation, and other essential industries, the decision has been made to remain open for business at present.
I would like to share with you our current practices regarding today’s challenges and how we will interact with our employees / contractors / customers / partners:
- Northwest staff who can work remotely have been instructed to do so.
- All Northwest employees have been given a variety of information sources and company policies to ensure they have guidance in these difficult days.
- All personnel (both internal and those working on customer sites) are to follow the “social distancing” guidelines set forth by the government agencies. Today they must maintain a 6 foot or 2-meter distance in any interpersonal interaction.
- All personnel shall recognize good hygiene and handwashing techniques at all times. This includes, but not limited to, sanitizing workstations, tools, and washing hands every time the facility is entered.
- All personnel shall engage, with knees or elbows, the provided door handicap where installed
- All personnel shall follow any posted health and safety signage. Signs encompassing these points have been published throughout our facility.
- All internal office personnel are to utilize their office phones and email for internal correspondence to limit direct interaction.
- All shop and field personnel are to utilize assigned protective clothing and biohazard cleaning materials as much as possible.
SAFETY IS A SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
- Currently, we are asking all clientele (including all representatives), sub-contractors, and suppliers to limit your visits to our facility to essential visits only and to use remote conference tools.
- Northwest staff will guide any essential visits; however, all visitors will be asked to abide by the same internal health and safety directives at the time of their appointment as our employees.
- All visitors will be responsible for their safety equipment for on-site visits. Northwest will no longer be supplying any supplies needed for any essential visitation.
We would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience in these trying times. Together we can help our community get through this with as minimal issues as possible.
If anyone has any questions regarding Northwest’s commitment to health and safety during these times, please feel free to contact a Northwest management representative